Sports and fitness is a major part of Lyn’s life. There would be a physical activity going on in her life everyday. Growing up, Lyn took up taekwondo (2nd Dan Black Belt), badminton, and even played football with the neighborhood kids. In secondary school, she was selected to represent her school and district in athletics, specializing in the hurdles, relays and the 400m, despite being the smallest on the team.
After a training accident in 2000 that left her hanging on to crutches, she decided to rehab herself to complete recovery. Since then, she began learning about fitness and nutrition and then decided to pursue fitness to give back to society. She is still very active in sporting events around Malaysia, completed numerous road races, marathons, triathlons and urban races since 1996.
In 2012, Lyn competed in the CrossFit Games Asia Regionals, and finished as the 8th fittest woman in Asia and the sole female competitor from Malaysia. She has been coaching her athletes since 2008 and has widened her reach to kids fitness and Baby Boomers.
Lyn has contributed to local publications (SHAPE, Esquire, Her World, Cycling Revolution) and appeared on TV/Radio shows (Bernama Radio, Bernama TV, NTV7).
Amongst her notable accomplishments:
- 3rd Place–Malaysia’s AXN City Challenge 2003
- 3rd Place–Port Dickson Sprint Triathlon 2006
- 6th Place–Desaru Half IronMan 2007
- 6th Place–Ipoh Century Ride 2009
- Author, “Lyn Kong’s Guide to Fitness for Busy People”
- ACE-Certified Fitness Trainer by American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Kids
- Accredited Rehab Trainer by Rehab Trainer Australia
- POSE Running Certified
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Trainer Level 1
- Athlete’s Circle Sponsored Athlete
- Certified LesMills Instructor and RPM Trainer